Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This post is brought to you by.....

The Letter L and the number 1.

Today, we are going to talk about things that begin with L. The first thing, kids, is lost. When we lose something it means we don't remember where we put it. On Sunday, I lost the nonattached sleeve to my sweater. So when we lose something we also look (another L word).

L, also starts many other important words (love, lion, luggage, lamb). But most importantly the letter L is for Laundry, which is where I found my missing sleeve. See the sleeve sitting arrogantly among the sheets I took off the bed?



It turns out that after I had taken the second sleeve off the blocking board I placed it on the bed (I am not sure why I didn't put all the peices on the bed, but there you have it). I then took the sheets off the bed and remade the bed with new sheets encasing my non attached sleeve in my dirty sheets and tossing them downstairs to await their turn in the laundry. Luckily, Chad moved sheets and the sleeve came out or else I may have had garbled knitting and pink sheets.

So, now for the number 1. One finished sweater!



This sweater is a modified version of this pattern . I adjusted the sweater so that it falls to my natural waist rather than being cropped. I am not sure where the cropped movement came from, but I never really got on the bus and I think I am unlikely to start now. Secondly, I adjusted the sleeves so that they were not rolled up on my upper arms. I can't find a lot of women who list their upper arms as their favorite attribute, in fact, I like most women I know...... think our upper arms are too bulky. Therefore, I couldn't really support having a cuffed roll on a place I already don't like. Finally, I also cut the amount of ribbing on the bottom in half to make it looke more petite.

"Attempt the end and never stand to doubt;
Nothing's so hard, but search will find it out."

- Robert Herrick

4 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

So glad you found the sleeve. The sweater is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for laughing but...

Love the sweater. What pattern is it?

Wendy said...

The sweater is fabulous!

About your Sea Wool comment (left over on my blog), it's not shiny, per se, but rather there's a sheen to it that makes it look shiny when a camera flash goes off. I'll try to take a picture in natural light and see if they turn up with less sparklies :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.